No offense intended. I know you know your schit. You were shooting at 400. You have a gun with a target barrel. Pretty obvious you want to hit stuff smaller than a basketball. I was just commenting on the way I do things, and how I use my whore'd brass.

If your crimper works for you, then use it. Just offering my experience. No defeat involved. I tend to agree with Antelope sniper that your results may have had more to do with standardizing across different neck thicknesses than with any particular merits of the crimper. If you are getting the results you want, please, by all means, continue.

I notice at around 300yds that various headstamps start to shoot to different places. I get around that by not mixing them, as I like to shoot my 223 past 300, and at tiny targets. I use same load and settings, but it is obvious that some brass generates more pressure. I tried dropping charges slightly with heavier brass, but it all got to be a records-keeping exercise rather than a loading/shooting exercise, so I just keep them in separate boxes, and verify impact when I shoot a different headstamp. Works for me.

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.