The situations can all be so different, I'm not sure there is a good single answer.

I'm sure the action of the muscle working will cut against the razor edge of the blades. There is no question about this! The Bleeding out in a leg would be a serious issue, not bleeding external would be much more comforting. No place for blood to pool up inside your leg, unlike your abdomen. No external bleeding in the abdomen in no indication of minor injury.

If we are looking at a thigh injury, with the femoral artery in close proximity to the broad head, I'm not sure how you get out other then limp and hobble without the use of the leg at all. I would be very concerned pulling it out, but maybe you could get it out carefully pulling it out the same way it went in along the same slice grooves?

Yikes this is a horrible thing to contemplate!

The bigger issue I think most people would have if alone, is passing out from shock or blood loss. It's difficult to look at a serious bloody injury and not get "shocked" into feeling faint and beginning to sweat and pass out. Even with my slice's last week the blood was significant and the skin just fell open. The vision can be disturbing and effect you in ways you cannot prepare for. I've skinned and butchered well over 1000 animals. I've seen some quite horrible human injuries including fatalities. Never felt like I was gonna go into shock or faint. However your brain controls things you cannot prepare for with your own body involved. I was shaky and sweating big time with a fuzzy view for about 30 minutes after this happened. I'm sure I was on the bubble for staying functional or going out.

I have seen lots of people just fall to the ground passed out with injuries to themselves or others. Should this happen 1 mile from help while your bleeding bad, well that may be the end of the show right where you lay!

www.huntingadventures.net
Are you living your life, or just paying bills until you die?
When you hit the pearly gates I want to be there just to see the massive pile of dead 5hit at your feet. ( John Peyton)