Thanks for your ignorant words gentleman.... crazy.....Now can we get back on the subject?

Formid<--- No you asked about my experience and hardware before learning about my son or the weapon. You are trying to justify yourself now. The material is right up there ^^^^, I suggest you re-read.

rosco1 was nice enough to leave me some info, and thank you very much.

805<--- I know what bullets have the name and creditable features, I'm looking for a weight range to start and bullet type. I mean even a Speer BTSP would work for close/medium. I would like some ideas then see what is avalible in my area. What weight to start for a Green Mountain barrel? I know for a fact a lot of you have them for hell sakes.

I understand you guys want the top of the line fire arm with top of the line optics and all that BS for 600. This is not my first day nor is it my sons. Point of the matter is I have a decent gun and a basic scope and one of the only ring/base sets available I can find on it. We don't plan on shooting 600 with it but if he can do it great. Most shots should be short, (I'm sure with this set up 25 yards might be hard in your eyes). But if we need to take a long shot I'm taking along something that can do it. If I can find a decent combo then great, if not then I have other back ups.

For hell sakes, maybe I came to the wrong room to ask for basic help. God only knows how smooth bore muskets of the late 1700's shooting round balls hit targets of over 1/2 mile. wink

All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.