Originally Posted by BC30cal
Rog;
Top of the morning to you my friend, I hope wherever this finds you, it finds you well.

Speaking of packs, I weighed mine yesterday and believe I need a lighter one nowadays. Somehow since passing the "magic" half century mark a lot of things that I paid less attention to gets some perusal now..... frown

All I know is that by the time I strap my day pack onto the Camelback/NICE frame - which isn't that light to begin with - and then add a camera, spotting scope and tripod, GPS, 2 liter Platypus bladder, a few odds and ends to start a fire and make a night on

the mountain doable that I'm kissing 20lbs. frown frown

Once our elk season is over the spotter stays in the pickup mostly, but it's still fun to look at stuff I'm not hunting such as the three California's I ran into on the way off the mountain yesterday.

To the OP's question, we saw an ad for WildTV the other day and our eldest and I - who are currently the only family members who are still hunting - looked at each other and simultaneously did a fake yawn! laugh

I'm sure that WildTV has some good shows on it, but we won't be the ones panning for the well hidden nuggets on that channel anymore Roger.

All the best to you this fall sir and good luck on your hunts too.

Dwayne

Shooting a bear from a tree stand might be really exciting for the hunter but it sure fails as a spectator sport. I will cancell my subscription before I watch another boo boo arrowed over bait.
I thing the amount of advertsing focused at hunters is way out of proportion to any other channel.
Glad you and your daughter still vgetting some quality time.
cheers tango

Last edited by tangozulu; 09/13/14.