Originally Posted by bigswede358
We usually either hunt 4-wheelers or do the Tundra sneak. We take a little single shot 20 gauge and a .22 of some sort. Nice thing being that this kind of hunting is still legal in these mountains. I've been up there twice since reading this write up and about laughed myself off the road the last Subaru I saw with an Orvis representative standing behind it. I do love Subarus though, my wife drives an older one. They get around great in the snow, gives her piece of mind and I don't have to worry so much.

Well,,, shooting off of a four wheeler isn't exactly legal but everyone does it. Hell, I suspect the fish cops even do it. HA
I don't look down my nose at those who hunt that way though. It's just more fun with a pointer for me and since I'm just feeding me and really don't like freezing fish or fowl, a bird or two a day's plenty for me.

I actually have mixed emotions about Subaru's too because like you, I know some good folks that drive em (mostly their wives commuting to town for work), but I've meet just as many if not more elitist, snob, phony "naturalists" behind the wheel of one too.

If only life were so easy one could determine a person wholly by the car they drive, eah?
Still fun to poke fun at em though. grin