LBK...

I wrote 2 relatively long replies to your private message giving you information to help you with your loads for your .250/3000 along with the explanation why RL-15 isn't the best powder for that cartridge.

Unfortunately, when I "clicked" on the "SUBMIT" button, my messages (in both cases) simply disappeared... never to be found again. And so, after more than 2 hours of writing and re-writing a reply to your private message, I have given up.

Here is Nosler's Load Chart net address for your .250/3000 (below)... check out what powders they use and the velocities they got. The fastest load for the 100 grain bullet was a maximum load of 35.0 grains of H4895 for a muzzle velocity of 2952 fps. Nosler has indicated that this maximum load is THE MOST ACCURATE LOAD for your cartridge.

H4895 is one of Hodgdon's EXTREME powders meaning air temperature doesn't affect the performance of this powder or change the muzzle velocity it yields. I have tested this powder in my .300 Savage cartridge and found this claim to be true.

Here's the Nosler Load Chart net address: http://www.nosler.com/250-3000-savage

If you'd like to talk further about this, please send a private message with your phone number on it along with a good time to call... and I'll call you since there apparently is something wrong with my private message system.

Strength & Honor...

Ron T.

It's smart to hang around old guys 'cause they know lotsa stuff...