Johno, ol' cobber...

Sounds like you really have a problem with the price of the powders which are, as you stated, DOUBLE the price of about the same powders here in the USA.

But you Aussies surely have got one h*ll of a FINE Prime Minister!!!!!!! I see, on the net, that she's been "telling it like IT IS... and how it's GONNA BE!!!"

BRAVO for her !~!~!

Buttttt... as "usual", I digress... (shucky-DARN!!!)

Unfortunately, the cost of ALL powders here have doubled and tripled again and again. When I first got "into" reloading, I was paying $1.25 (U.S.) for a pound of powder and the same price for a 25 lb bag of shot for my trap and skeet shooting. Now... HA!!!... their costs are UNBELIEVABLE to an old shooter/reloader like me.

I know the "younger set" here won't believe me, but truth IS TRUTH whether one likes it or not !!!

I was also paying $5.95 a thousand for shotshell primers and $4.50 a thousand for rifle and pistol primers. And now? OMG, they're a whole LOT more costly!

Yeah, I "know"... the prices have "changed", but THAT MUCH "CHANGE"???

But then, I come from an era where BIG candy bars (Baby Ruths, 2 bigger-than-they-are-now Reese's Cups. Clark Bars, etc.) were a nickel each... and those little Coke bottles with the curvy sides were also 5� each... a hotdog was 15�, a good sized bowl of really great chili was 25�, a McDonald's hamburger was 15� and a small pizza (9�-inch) with onion, sausage, pepperoni and plenty of cheese was... (are you sitting down?)... all of $1.25 each from a good pizza pie retailer who made excellent and very tasty pizzas.. the BESTEST pizzas in town!

Oh, yeah... and a bottle of good beer was 25� or maybe 30� in the higher-price places... gasoline was 21.9� a gallon for "regular" and Boron hi-test gasoline, which I HAD to run in my "hopped-up" Ford V-8 with milled heads, headers, dual exhausts, a 3-deuce set-up of carbs and a "blower" (supercharger) on top was all of 25.9� a gallon. Ahhhh, YESSSSS, "those-were-the-days" !~!~!

A new 1954 Ford Victoria Hard-Top sold for $2400 (I know, I had one) and that was with a "fake" continental tire half-way protruding from the trunk-lid and a VW "Bug" sold new for $1700. My 1958 Corvette bought "used" in August of 1958 with only 3,000 miles on it cost all of just $3900 (283 cu.in. engine with two 4-barreled carbs and a "warm" factory cam) made 270 H.P. and had "4-on-the-floor" and Pos-i-traction... it ran like a scalded-azz ape !!!

Yeah... "times" sure the heck have "CHANGED" (!!!)... but not so much for the better, in this protesting old guy's mind.

Buttttt... enough of this... nobody really cares, anyway. grin

Strength & Honor...

Ron T.

It's smart to hang around old guys 'cause they know lotsa stuff...