Originally Posted by Reloder28
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
As are Wilson, & besides, they all have bull barrels without a bushing...........none of the bushing-less guns qualify, IMO.

On the high-end side, Guncrafters, Christensen Arms, & Nighthawk all make true 4.25", bushing-barrelled LWT guns.

MM

Going to show my ignorance here. What is sub-par about a bushing-less gun as long as it is accurate?

I don't think that there's anything "wrong" with it, but it's not a pure 1911 design, absent the barrel bushing & I do believe the OP was referring to a standard 1911 design with his question & comment re: a 4.25" barrel.

They will work just fine in most cases & about the only thing that could happen is that the slide & cone area is a little harder to fit up than a bushing & now you have a different wear part. If accuracy isn't what you want & you can attribute it to the barrel fit, it may not be an easy thing to correct.

The biggest issue for me personally, is that the bushing-less guns are a royal PIA to disassemble when compared to the standard gun with a barrel bushing.

MM