Originally Posted by Backroads
This is why elk camp is so important.
Younger hunters need the guidance of experienced outdoorsmen to learn the ins and outs of elk hunting.
The experienced outdoorsman needs the younger hunter to help with camp and packing out the bounty.

Hopefully your one year hiatus leaves you stronger and more spry for next year.

Well said and +1 from here. I took my camp trailer to an elk camp in Oregon with a bunch of younger guys from my church and I did not even have a tag or license. I just camped out, told of hunts past, did a little reparing of gear and guns, loaned out a spare gun and when a bad storm came through and tore up all of the tents I crammed about 8 people into my camping trailer. Youngest kids slept on the floor with extra sleeping mats I keep with me. The hunt wnet on and a kid got his first elk, even though in shooting his elk he got a nice case of scope eye from my loaned to him 340 Tyrannosaur crazy blush

They all have now invited me to thier deer camp AND thier elk camp and I will probably go even though I wont hunt.

We old guys with good gear especially still have value around these places.

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500