There is no question that my favorite lever gun is the Savage 99. For many years that was a .308 FW version (pre-mil) with another in .250-3000 EG form as a sentimental favorite. In recent years I've find I most often choose reach for an EG model in .358 that I aquired a few years ago.

My first lever gun (in fact the first rifle I personally bought) was a Marlin 336 Texian (straight grip) in .35 Remington. It was replaced a few years later by another Texian Model in .44 Magnum. I still have a fondness for the straight grip Marlins.

I was never a real fan of the Winchester 94 until I first aquired a BB version in .375 Win. It's probably more the .375 round more than the rifle, but I've grown quite fond of that rifle as well.

The .22 caliber twin of the 94, the 9422 is my all-time favorite rimfire lever gun. Most seem to prefer the Marlin 39, but I've owned both and find the Winchester to be mre accurate and better handling. Just a personal view.

A gun that has always appealed to me (although I've never owned on) is the Winchester 95. The only "fault" is that it has top ejection making scoping it diffecult at best. A shame for a gun chambered in the longer ranged .30-06. My eyes, at least, just aren't good enough to take advantage of that range with open sights.

For a true "heavy hitter" lever rifle, I'd really like to own Teddy's "lion medicine", a Winchester 95 in .405, but have settled on one just as good.....the Marlin 1895 in .45-70. Mine is the straight grip early version that when loaded with heavy loads would handle any animal on the planet (although I'd be damned careful if I ever faced an elephant....even with heavy loads).

I've never really thought of myself as a "lever action guy" even though I am an admitted Savage 99 fanatic, but I somehow find that a fair share of space in the gun room is taken up by various lever action rifles.

I hate change, it's never for the better.... Grumpy Old Men
The more I learn, the more I realize how little I know