Originally Posted by Chappy410
Originally Posted by 16gauge
Good luck with your new pup......

I hope when you say you are "getting itchy to hit the woods" that you aren't planning on hunting over him at 12 weeks of age....that's kinda young, not matter how great he is.
Also, a word of caution: I heard through the grapevine that one/some of the dogs at the Woods-n-Water weekend have come down with parvo (read it over on the M-S website). You may want to keep a close eye on him and take him to a vet right away if he starts showing symptoms.....I would imagine that NONE of the pups that were there would have much in the way of immunity, irregardless of whether or not they were vaccinated, due to their age.
Again..........nice looking pup and good luck!

16 gauge
No, I do not intend to hunt over him this year. I just want to get him out into the woods and get him acclimated to the environment. Besides there is no prettier place to be than in the woods in Northern Michigan in October.
Thanks for the heads up about the Parvo. Could you give me the website address where that info is located? I do not know what the M-S website is. Thank you.

Can't disagree.....heading up to the U.P. the end of October for a week myself.
Here is the link to the thread I was talking about:

http://www.michigan-sportsman.com/forum/showthread.php?t=517040

Click on the bottom part that says "Advice needed: the michigan sportsman forums" for a more detailed thread.....oddly enough, that pup is an English setter also; I hope it's not from the same breeder. Good luck!

"If you dog thinks you're the greatest, don't go seeking a second opinion!"