I like the B&C and can hit well with it, but like TAK says, it is really designed around a moderate-to-good BC at 2,800-2,900fps. If using something faster/flatter/sleeker and asking the POI to jive with the 300/400/450/500 yard markers, you will have some variances and will have to use a zero range of 200yds or less for the duplex section. The energy delivered to the target and wind drift advantages are still there with the faster/sleeker chambering, but you can't utilize the ultra-flat, high-yardage Max Point Blank Range characteristics and the B&C reticle at the same time. This is nullified if you don't mind playing with JBM or ExBal and having your various aiming points representing different yardages. I have a fast .25cal rifle that runs a 275yd zero and the next two aiming points are more like 350yds and 450yds, with a chart taped to the rifle. A guy can still hit fairly quickly with that setup, but the nice round numbers of 300/400yds seem a bit simpler.

One thing I do like about the B&C, LRD, and Accu-Range reticles is that they allow easy hits with moderate rounds if using fairly sleek hunting bullets. If BC is .450-.550 and you can make 2,800 to 2,900fps, it is no big feat to set up a zero for 210-230yds (according to your situation) and have the 300/400yd aiming points line up really close with those ranges. You don't need a lazer-flat magnum to make reasonably quick hits to 450yds, as now your .260Rem, 7mm-08, .270WCF, or 280Rem will do it just fine, all without having to hold "on air". I think those reticles are great.

Last edited by JPro; 09/19/14.

Now with even more aplomb