Originally Posted by JPro
Originally Posted by Seafire
if I am not mistaken, I believe that was designed by Steve Timm and Leupold bought the idea...

I was thinking Leupold just said "thanks" on the VHR, but maybe my memory is off.

Yep, the folks at Leupold simply said "thanks" and that was it.

I haven't been in the factory since.

Kinda sad because I've donated every single penny I ever made in the firearms industry. The money has gone into an endowment that creates scholarships for worthy children in our parish's grade school. Karen and I figure that if we get great kids a good start, a true classic education, they have a leg up on life. Makes us feel good, too.

The point is that had I been smart enough to have hired a snarky lawyer, perhaps I could have negotiated a royalty of some kind ... and that would have added to the Steve & Karen Timm Education Endowment Fund at Christ the King Catholic School, here in Milwaukie, Oregon.

Hey, the folks at Leupold are nice and they DID say "THANKS."

I guess the point is that the shooting public has what I consider to be the finest reticle in existence ... and, in the end, that is enough. Essentially,the B&C and the VH reticles are my gift to my brothers in the hunting field.

God Bless,

Steve

"God Loves Each Of Us As If There Were Only One Of Us"
Saint Augustine of Hippo - AD 397