Originally Posted by ingwe
I like your sig line�..

Black dogs bark at night�.

ingwe;
Good evening to you sir, I hope this finds you folks well.

I recall exchanging some correspondence with MacKay about his sig line when I first started showing up in these parts. Somehow I recall the other part of the message to be something about John having a long mustache.....

We've got a neighbor who is a retired Vancouver PD constable that takes in all manner of dogs now. He's stone deaf so it doesn't bother him that most of his dogs bark all night - only some of them being black. wink

To the OP's question, while I really should have bought a .223 years and years ago, because of my relatively new relationship with the cartridge I can't say for sure it's the "most useful" quite yet. It does appear though that a decent .223 would get a whole lot of use at this point.

Based upon what we have played with over the years a fair amount, I'd have to agree with MacKay and the posters who've voted for the .308.

That said, there's no flies on a 7-08 either and our journey with the .250AI has been a smooth one for sure too.

Anyway ingwe, all the best to you folks and good luck on your hunts this fall as well.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"