Originally Posted by Rug3
Originally Posted by EWY
My free advice, so take it for what it's worth

Advice is what I'm seeking and appreciate every bit offered here. It's well meaning and valuable to me. Opinions, facts, wisdom all carefully read, deeply appreciated.

Thanks
Jim

I have had the Kahr CW-40, Smith and Wesson 357 mag, Colt 38 special, and now the Kel Tec PF-9 for CC. The main reason I like the PF-9 the best is the ability to conceal it and how light it is. I've never thought it was difficult to handle or had much recoil, but there are many handguns I have not shot. I'm considering the Ruger LCR because it can shoot 38 and 357. In addition, it has a cylinder that is flat [for lack of better word] on one side that makes it a bit easier to conceal than the typical revolver. ...or at least, for me. We got my dad [73 years old] a revolver because he is not a real gun guy and we didn't want him to have to deal with a slide when he is confronted with a bear in the mountains [where he has a cabin]. We took him out recently to shoot so he could practice with his 22 revolver before handling a more powerful revolver. ..I believe it was a 44 magnum. He carries his gun out in the open.