Originally Posted by Mannlicher
the way most states look at child support, is that the father owes the money to the STATE. Not to the child or the custodial parent, but the STATE.
That is why they are so hell bent for leather to collect.

Some years back, many in fact, I was raising my two kids as a single dad. Their mom was under court order to pay child support, but she never did.
Years after getting custody, and being set up to receive the munificent sum from her of $10 a week per child, I got a registered letter from the State telling me that I was $17,000 in arrears, and if this was not corrected immediately, I was going to be arrested.
I had to travel from Miami to Jacksonville, and in person visit the agency that mailed me the letter. I had all the proof I needed of who owed what to whom, and they finally backed down.
I tried to use the phone to correct the issue, but they would not have it.
Court that issued all the original documents was down the hall, in the same building as the Child Support office, but they made me drive all the way up.
Fkk em. I still hate virtually everything associated with child support and the State morons that run that broken system.

yeah but on the other side of the coin when a fugger really is a deadbeat and several states away it is real nice to sick the your state on them....my stepdaughters biological father refused to pay $75 a month per kid all the while making our lives hell....

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books