its how you shoot it for sure. Its also bullet choices. I just read a bunch of bullshit by Horace Gore in a magazine..... to many generalities for me to care for his writing.

I prepare for the worst case, and in this case I think the two rounds are very close, but I'd be going 284 personally and see how far I can get energy out of it. Enough energy.

Then I'd do what I had to, to get as close as I could.

Its all pretty damn simple though, take what you want, know its limits, then know YOUR limits in EVERY situation.

Believe it or not I passed shots for over an hour on a bull moose at under 75 yards because I never had a clean shot. Shots to the body at angles and such, yes, but not the clean sure shot I wanted.
But it worked fine, I got the neck/shoulder about 36 hours later with one clean shot.

I'd certainly not question a decent weight TTSX in either round for elk though. Shot within its energy and the shooters abilities on any given shot.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....