Originally Posted by smokepole
...I think asking someone else to calculate where your bullet will impact at 550 yards... ...unless I could independently verify it myself.

smokepole,

I am not asking.. uuhh! where will my bullet impact at 550yds? like I was stupid... I shoot quite a bit, as I said, and I know quite well the real trajectory of my gun and load up to 550yds (500m) which is the distance I regularly shoot at for practice.

See another target from another day.. On this occasion it was 440yds (400m), as I check the adjustments in my ballistic turret every 100 meters, not trusting published bcs or any software's prediction. The red bull is 2" diameter.
[Linked Image]

But I also do quite a bit of hunting to practice my shooting, like my yearly trips either to Namibia or to RSA, or to both countries in the same year, to do culling. These photos are from this year's trip. I took my 6XC barrel loaded with 90gr Accubonds, 105gr Hunting VLDs and A-Maxes.

This big baboon fell to an A-Max at 563yds, when the poor bastard thought he was safe:
[Linked Image]

Here is the result of a morning sprinbok cull hunt. In the day I killed 26 with 27 bullets, from 330 to 566 yards:
[Linked Image]

So yeah, basically I can say that I know where should my bullet hit...

What I am asking is for an indication of what does the book say on how will altitude affect my trajectory...

I have hunted seven times above 11-12,000ft in the Pamir, Tien Shans and Himalayas, and when I have test shot the gun before starting the hunt I have always noted the bullet would print slightly high. Not as much as to touch the scope, but I always had the idea of dialing 1 to 3 or maybe four clicks less depending of the distance, should a long shot present itself...

In October you can find me in the Tien Shans, in November in the Alps, and in March in the Himalayas for my second hunt there.

Here you can see one of the Alpine Chamois from last year... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38ksXxy5cdk&feature=youtu.be Same gun, 6.5x57R barrel loade with 140gr A-Maxes.

Best regards,

Alvaro