Originally Posted by Butler247
I'm currently in the thin the heard stage. My goal is to send guns down the road that I do not need.
1. Do not use
2. Will not be using for a particular reason in the future.
3. Duplicates/why do I need this when I have this.
4. Sell some to fill voids.

Calibers
220 swift
243 win
25-06
6.5x55
264 win mag
308 win.
30-06

What do I need and what can I live without?
Prey of choice
Yotes
Mulies
Whitetail
Elk
Bear

Thanks

1) Boolits matter more than headstamps.

2) Noone gets good,by not shooting.

3) The sanctity of a given platform,is an overview of it's throat,twist and COAL latitude,in conjunction with it's balance,handling and ergo's,along with it's mounting system/glass. Blued schit can't hang and living stocks suck ass.

4) The better one becomes with a rifle,due the influence of spent primers,the lesser the "voids" become,even with but a single rifle in the larder.

Hint.

All Swifts suck ass,due case design,COAL and twist rate. Hint.

The 243 can be well beyond fabulous,assuming 9" and a Remmie or Ruger throat...though a 90 Skinner in a Montucky is no slouch.

All Quarterbores suck heavy ass,due their boolits sucking heavy ass. The 25-06 can't hang with the 243. Hint.

Any chambering with a Times in it,sucks heavy ass and there is no upside to a Swede,in either mechanical attributes of the chambering proper,nor the platforms in which it's housed,regarding same.

A 2.5" belted H&H can do nice things,as COAL is typically forgiving and the twist rate is inherently there. The 6.5 version trumps the .277" version,again due to boolits.

The 280 is the best of the '06's and by goodly margin. It gets even better in a 700,due again to COAL and the reserve RPM to arrange nice things.

The 308 is viable,if you don't reload.

The 30-'06 sucks hind tit.

Hint.

Thank me later.

Now what I've herd about a heard,is that when you caliber the calipers,one can connect numerous dots by default. That of coarse assuming,one looses the muzzle break and focuses on lite done rite,which is a write of passage and is easy to right about.

Key is to focus the big picture and not paws for meaningless Fluff,like the gals hear are doing. There's much to be said for the familiarity of actual round count and the fruits it reliably bares.

A scope that doesn't arrange POA/POI intersections at any/all distances,is simply a peace of pfhuqqing schit. Mounts rate a thunk two. One hedges a bet by driving wears that are fun to shoot. Hint.

Now in objective overview,a 223 Montucky is a mandate and the 75A-Max is THE pick of the litter,as a cursory opening move. A MR/Faux Ti 700 based 280 is tough to whoop,in regards to "Oooomph"imparted upon the victim and Sinister flight characteristics,with paltry recoil in exchange to it's incredible performance and the 162A-Max is THE pick of the litter.

Very easy to get both well beyond the 1000yd line,in fine form.

But someone who asks questions like these,is powerless in the refrain to circumvent doing stupid schit,with stupid rifles,stupid mounts,stupid glass and stupid boolits.

But it's NEVER not funnier than pfhuqq!

Hint.

You've been led to water.