Originally Posted by 805
Redfoxx
I believe everyone is entitled to their own opinion but wow! Have you personally used kuiu gear? Tested it? I have and find it to be amazing and I will continue to support Jason and his company.

Yes, I've wasted a lot of my hard earned money on it� as you can see in my admittedly over the top and emotional post I am displeased with it to say the least. After happening upon the post by Hairston announcing a price decrease, I guess I sort of over-reacted. I've spent EASILY $1,500, maybe $2,000 on his products in the last two years, all clothing, I'm very unhappy with the performance of pretty much everything. The only products that are worth anything, IMO, are the merino wool base layers, but even these are still overpriced and under constructed. The fabrics are too thin and fragile, and the stitching always seems to come undone. On the jackets and pants, the zippers break, waterproof layers are anything but waterproof and none of it really insulates very well. I have the guide vest, guide jacket, guide beanie, two spindrift jackets, 4 sets of merino base layers in both thicknesses, and the full set of chugach rain gear that I bought used with tags (so new)� So I'm back to my original all wool clothing kit� much heavier, much bulkier, but I can count on it to keep me warm, hold together, and keep my warm when and if it wets out. And my non-breathable $100 Frogg Toggs as light as they are are frankly better rain wear than the KUIU, at a fraction off the price� It's all gone down the river except for the Kuiu merino base layers, and I'll be looking to ugrade on that next year during the winter sale season.

So in closing, please forgive my unprofessional post from last night. It was a little bush league to say the least. I hope this response was a bit more useful. The Kuiu clothing may be ok for occasional use in non-rugged terrain for many� but I've found it to be not very useful for my needs.

God Bless America!