Originally Posted by shortactionsmoker
I killed my cow last year with a 150 NBT from a 308. 150ish yards and it was a mature cow. The bullet smashed though the onside shoulder and the jacket was under the hide behind the opposite shoulder. Couldn't find the core, but the jacket penetrated the meat between the ribs.

The cow stumbled 30 yards or so and dropped....

The 165's you mention in the '06 should be just fine..

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
That's called coming apart and is to be avoided. You got lucky. NBT's are designed for deer sized game. AB's & PT's are designed for elk sized stuff but I've had 180 gr. AB's come apart the same way. The PT is much stronger than either.

From Nosler's web site:
Game Recommendations:

Hogs, Antelope, Deer

From Nosler's FAQ's:
What is the difference between the Ballistic Tip� and the AccuBond�?

Externally, they look the same except for the tip colors, Ballistic Tip� bullets are color-coded by caliber while all AccuBond� bullets have white tips. Internally the Ballistic Tip� is not bonded and is designed for controlled expansion on medium game with approximately 50-60% weight retention. Conversely, the lead alloy core of the AccuBond� is bonded to the jacket. This bonding increases weight retention (65-70%) and slows expansion resulting in deeper penetration and enhanced bone-breaking potential in larger animals.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.