#3 other

Sorry but I don't agree with teaching him left handed. Teach him to use his right eye as his dominate eye since he's been doing everything right handed to date.

Example: My wife is left hand dominate but has what is called switch eye dominate...when a bird approches from the right she sees it with her right eye and then she is right eye strong. If the bird comes from the left than her left eye is strong. Needless to say she has a very hard time with a right to left crosser..shooting behind the bird most of the time unless she closes her right eye just before the shot.

To pick on her further when she went to a teach pro golfer to learn to play golf. The teaching pro decided to teach her right hand even after she told the pro she was left handed. Frankly it was a disaster. To this day my wife plays golf left handed after I tought her to play.

Eyes can be taught to be dominate...just get him a 22 rifle with a scope on it and let him shoot it right handed. BUT he must shoot it with BOTH eyes open & with his right looking through the scope. Before you know it his right eye will become dominate...it just needs to learn it is supposed to be dominate or the stronger eye.

I see this a lot in the industry I work in. Guys try to switch from right hand to left hand because someone told them that they have a left eye dominance. It's a nightmare. I teach how to make the dominate strong side to be stronger. For some all it takes is a slight squint of the non-dominate side eye at the moment of the shot to verify they are looking at the target with the right eye. Or conciously looking at the center of the center of anything oval and concentrate using your dominate side eye.
No need for tape on your glasses. If you do that just teach him to shoot with his left eye closed...the down fall to that is I feel in order to shoot well you need your binocular vision to be able to judge distance. Not to mention the fatigue issuse.

Besides Lefty's have a much harder time finding guns, bows, golf clubs, etc. Some even buy right handed guns and shoot them left handed. You want to talk a poor fitting gun.

My opinion, it's your son not mine, do as you feel is right for your son. And not what everybody else thinks.