Yobuck- I have used the double spotting scope setup. David Miller in Tucson is the one who pioneered that technology back when he was on his coues deer quest. We all abandoned them for a reason. You keep using them and telling yourself that long range hunting started in PA.

I have hunting in PA and none of the places I have been could you even see 500 yards. It's thick out there. I'm sure there are places you can see far but they are not the norm.

As far as the proliferation of good optics in Arizona it is because of coues deer hunting. You won't do well unless you bait or glass. Period. Now that baiting has been banned we are back to glassing.

Using high power binoculars on a tripod is the norm here, not the exception. I don't think that is the case in PA. You guys do have far more long range target shooting competitions than we do, however.

The Highlanders have a die cast aluminum body, they are not plastic. Guess you don't know as much as you think.

I am done on this subject. I don't need to prove to anyone, anything. I know what works and what doesn't.

Oh, I don't like Swarovski scopes either- just their binoculars. I don't like their rangefinder either- especially the new ranging binoculars.

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.