Originally Posted by MarineHawk
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
I don't know where to draw the line, but Riley was at it again today with those wicked little 80gr TTSXs...

He has now shot 4 of the Alaska Big Five in the last 14 months with them... That leaves only Dall sheep out at this point.

Wow! How old is he? Congrats to him and daddy for making that happen. Is that a .243? That's what my 10-yr-old shoots with the 80gr TTSXs (Barnes factory). They come out of his 20" bbl at just under 3,100fps. He shoots it well, but the places we hunt around here (including last weekend on youth-only day) are over-hunted. I am trying to find a good way to give him a decent chance, but maybe I'll just have to take him out west or even up to AK.

He is 20 and managed a measly 4.0 GPA in two years of college so far while working full-time and killing lots of stuff and building a mini-boat. And his classes included Physics and upper division math classes.

He is shooting his reloads in a 25-06, Pac-Nor hunter weight barrel (very whippy) at 20" on a 700 in a faux Ti stock...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.