I used to have one but a guy at work wanted it so bad I traded him.

I think it is one of the very best options for the long range game. But the 300 RUM, brass is not made by as many makers. All my brass was Remington. Nonetheless the brass used to be affordable and usually available. About 3 out of 100 seemed to be always mangled pretty bad brand new.

If I am not mistaken the twist is 1/10 which folks said was marginal for the sierra match kings in 240 grain.

As a matter of course I get an aftermarket trigger for Remingtons right off the bat because of the cloud of doubt that hangs over them for letting off the safety without pulling the trigger and it fires. I have heard too many anecdotes to ignore it but folks get hot when discussing it.

Bruce Baer over in Willow Hill once remarked that if you are serious about going full tilt in the long range game, pick a cartridge that Lapua makes brass for it. Unless things have changed Lapua don't make RUM brass. Nonetheless my reloads were sub moa with Remington brass.

Good luck bro, I don't think you can go wrong with it and it certainly is something you can build upon, especially if you get it at a good price.

I seem to be the only fellow on these boards who has anything good to say about the HS stocks; but I think they are very good and a good value. You could probably sell it easily if you don't like it.

How are things going over there in South Africa?

Last edited by Robert_White; 10/06/14.

Done in Convention by the Unanimous Consent of the States present the Seventeenth Day of September in the Year of our Lord one thousand seven hundred and Eighty seven.