I've had slightly mixed results with the factory HS Precision stocks. I had a SS Sendero in .25-'06 which had a big bubble in the stock under the fore end. First it just seemed to be a bulge of material contacting the barrel so I sanded it out. Turned out to be a thin layer of "stuff" hiding a pretty massive cavity. I think it compromised the stiffness of the stock. That gun never would shoot well. I had it for about a year, shot the hell out of it trying to get accuracy ... enough that the COL for my ammo increased by 0.3 inches as the throat wore ... and never did get success.

The others I had were great.

The issue I'd have with both .300 RUM and 7mm STW right now is brass availability. Nosler is offering both, otherwise, you're SOL. I've been on a notification list for arrival of Remington brass in both calibers for almost a year. Still waiting. I have no qualms about either option other than that. One of the most fun rifles I ever owned was a Sendero in 7mm STW. For longer strings of shots, the STW was about all the recoil I want ... or maybe a little more. I think I'd look at putting a brake on a RUM.

Tom

Anyone who thinks there's two sides to everything hasn't met a M�bius strip.

Here be dragons ...