Wow....what a weekend! Now that the fog has cleared it's time for a report. I had a great time with team Dizzy, but cooking two contests back to back is exhausting and hard on the liver. The first contest was the Royal Invitational made up of 165 teams. To qualify for the Invitational you have to win a state championship, be a past grand champion or a hall of fame team.

We had a good cook and finished 55th of 165 with a final score of 676.5944. The second cook was the Royal Open which had 551 teams competing. We had another good cook (we all thought better than the first), but only came away with a 93rd of 551 with a final score of 674.7544. We obviously had hoped for better but if you look on the KCBS site and see some of the teams we beat it is much more impressive.

Big picture, we finished in the top 30% in the invitational and top 17% in the open. Not bad for a bunch of drunk guys! grin I got to meet some great people and if invited, will do it again in a heartbeat. Thanks again to all for pulling for us and providing positive energy.

Mike

Myself and "Big Moe" Cason.

[Linked Image]

You see all kinds of funny stuff, but this one made me laugh out loud.

[Linked Image]

Know fat, know flavor. No fat, no flavor.

I tried going vegan, but then realized it was a big missed steak.