I believe I can shoot a sub 2 MOA group at 500 yards (6-shots) on 10" steel.
Actually, I think I will go further, but until I start shooting everything is words.
I intend to video this as well.
I am not going to be attempting this from the off-hand position.
I am not trying to "hit a target," but rather shooting sustained groups at distance.

I am not going to be holding over for my distance shooting with a revolver-Why waste ammo needlessly?
I was shooting sub MOA at 100 yards shooting from the seated positions using the HD-3 Bog-Gear trip-pod and their PSR top with the two Franken-Rugers I shot a couple of weeks ago.

I am learning (or at least I think I am) that handgun bullet once it is stable from the muzzle stays stable even through transonic and subsonic.
Will be doing some reduced load testing to confirm this soon.
Guessing a 170 grain Sierra Tournament Master at 1400-1500 fps MV.
At 1500 fps MV with a 100 yard zero, my impact velocity is 937 fps at 500 yards with 50 MOA of drop, and 891fps at 600 yards with 65 MOA of drop.
If I am not consistently shooting MOA or under at 100 yards, there is no sense even trying.
I have 2 different 8 pounders coming with one of them being H-110, and I have over 1K of the Sierra 170 grain, and 500 pieces of Starline brass coming.

My SS 357 Magnum Ruger GP-100 is at Bayside awaiting to transformed in to the Franken-Ruger.
Scope is in process as well. Burris 2-7 LER with Ballistic Plex Reticle, and a elevation turret.
May use a rifle scope as well. Will determine that later.

Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by xphunter
This is something that has been cooking for several weeks now.
How far can you shoot a 357 Magnum Revolver (not a singleshot), use all six cylinders, and still group 10-12 inches?
I'm talking about a group on a steel target.
What do you think?
Or even better what have you accomplished?

I have never played with 357's much but I will guess... 400yds. for that size group. Assuming some 170gr or more keith style bullets.

I knocked a turkey silhouette down @ 240yds with a 4" 29 yesterday. That was off hand with a spotter. 1st shot high, second show low, third shot "diiing."

Now since you've contemplated this, and obviously have some time behind a handgun, what is your goal/guess?

Travis

Ernie "The Un-Tactical"

[Linked Image]
http://sebrests-usa.com/