Actually, the point about Christians not being sufficient "salt and light" for this culture was not my main point though it is a very significant one.

Mainly, I was pointing out what I think most here sense and that is the huge and growing chasm between diverging world views in this country. The expunging of Christian values from all aspects of public life and the very old view that man is the pinnacle of life (nothing transcendent to him) has brought us all this dysfunction, crime, rot, degradation, and simple minded political correctness. Their fix is always "just tune up the environment" and then little Omar and the dope dealing, inner city, black kid will no longer want to cut our head off or shoot us. They will then hold hands and sing kum ba ya with us. That never worked and never will.

Secular Progressives are doing nothing new here. There is nothing new. They have brought moral ruin to every nation and society they moved in. It's just that our generation's group, personalized by Barack Obama and his ilk just know they are so much smarter than those in history's dust bin. And many of the masses will follow along blithely ignorant of the path.

This will put "us" increasingly on the perimeter looking in as the additional hordes crossing our southern border seeking a better life see they can obtain the social services we cannot afford for ourselves and vote the party perpetuating that.