Hey guys...

Been a while since I've posted here (or a bunch of spots for that matter) and figured it was time to catch up a bit. What better way than to share a successful hunt or two? wink

Here is a quick write up and some pics of my August Stone's sheep.

This year I made a serious commitment to my fitness and preparation for a Stones sheep hunt. After moving to BC back in 2012 I have chased some Kootenay area sheep and did a hike-in last year off the highway later season. Had a great time and just being able to chase thinhorns is something that I've cherished and a huge reason I moved to BC in the first place. I've hunted sheep in Alberta for about 10-12 years pretty seriously and always seemed to carry a monkey on my back whenever hunting sheep. Been on a few cool sheep hunts and helped some guys with rams, but its never worked out for me. A lot of learning, hard lessons, and a ton of cool experiences though!

Myself and hunting partner booked with Riverjet Adventures this year and planned a 2 week hunt. I wanted to have enough time to have zero regrets about this hunt and the time we had to get it done.

Day 6 (the day after my bday), we made it happen and I spotted this ram above camp in the shale. A stalk trough the poplars put me at 300 yards from him and an hour and a half of watching him through the spotting scope made me confident that I was looking at the type of ram that would represent the hard work and dedication I'd given to sheep hunting in the past. This ram would be the type of ram that I'd be proud to look at for years.

Sorry for the lack of a 'story' right now but here are some pics that highlight the trip for me. We met some amazing guys on the hunt (you know who you are) and cant say thanks enough and am glad to call them all friends now. Thanks guys. Thanks to my sheep hunting partner and to Kevin Willis for providing one hell of a fun and safe trip up and down the river. He is truly a professional and an all around great guy.

Here ya go....enjoy!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]