I started hunting in the early 90's on the iron range where we were excited to see a deer period! If we pulled a doe permit for the crew it was a huge deal. The year my dad and I both got drawn...whoa Nelly! smile

I will hunt on my usual spot for opening weekend with the boys, but if there are no deer, I'm going to put some miles on the truck and check out some of the. Lear. It's that are new from last winter and this summer. I'll pack the climber on and go. I'll find deer, it's just tough to stop hunting where I have since HS.

MNDan, I think you're rift about the spikes taking a pounding. But I also don't mind that they do. I'll be the first to admit, if I see a spike buck when my 9 hear old boy is with me this November, we are going to try to get a shot at him. I like big horns but we eat deer as much as possible. He will go home on Sunday night with his uncle and I will be looking for racks then.

I'm hoping to have a doe in the freezer from a park hunt I got drawn for. If that happens, the young bucks are safe.

I can see both sides of the argument for apr's put the north country deer here resets itself about every decade it seems.

Camp is where you make it.