Whats been happening up here, is guys not tagging, not being checked, and transporting to home for butchering. There are no roadside checks, we rarely see a CO during the day, many businesses up here do like having mandatory check in stations as it increases business and also brings in folks who just like to see what has been taken.

And yes I do call in TIP.

The number of wolf tags being given out is a drop in the bucket compared to what needs to be done. Our landowner has had a pack harassing his cattle all summer, another friend lost over 73 lambs, these animals have no fear up here they are shadowing runners, kids at bus stops, etc.

I am not sure what places you have visited however I am sure the clerks probably dislike the extra traffic however the owners and locals don't seem to mind to much.

As far as your argument for flyovers for population counts. The DNR has some many sub agencies out and they do not contact them for feedback on deer populations. At least that was what the biologists at the open house said. I do know that the folks that plant new seedlings have not been approached at all.

Waiting 10 years to do an aerial count is unreasonable if they use that information for ascertaining populations, one winter can severely change the population. Last year was the worst deer hunting season we have had in decades. This year we have very few bucks being seen but a bunch of does, with no doe management going on we are going to be back where we were of 5-7 deer tags a year again in very short order.

I would much rather see point restrictions and lower doe harvest numbers then a huge surplus of does and nothing but spikes or button bucks.