I saw that you were planning this Mart and decided to do a similar build for myself. I used a short 700, "village gun", if you've been to an Alaska village you'll know what I'm talking about ( see: rust bucket ). I had a 9 twist stainless .284 blank I'd found on eBay for $70 or so lying around. Bought a bolt body from PT&G, since the original was long gone, and welded a Holland handle on it. I turned the blank to match a SAUM M7 takeoff I had at the shop and cut it off at 20". I spun it up and chambered it for 7TCU and cut the spacer back and retacked it into the box to allow me to seat the bullets out. Put it temporarily in a wood BDL takeoff stock I picked up at the gunshow for $40 and hung a 3-9 VXII on top in Talleys.

I shoot 120 ballistic tips and Sierra prohunters over RL7 at 2575fps. And the dang thing is scary accurate. I put it together thinking it might be the ultimate truck rifle for kicking around the ranch back home. Used to pack a 22-250 but since the hogs moved in and they opened elk season I wanted a little more bullet weight. It still doesn't have enough power or recoil to worry about shooting it at coyotes, bobcats, crows, or the occasional pdogs or armadillo.

Oh and I traded a gentleman a couple boxes of 22 shells, yes 50 rounders, for the bolt less rust bucket! One of my better bargains.