I made to the range Thursday. I tried a couple more loads with BL-C2, as well as 3031, H322 and Benchmark. I can eliminate H322 and Benchmark from contention, at least with the 80 grain Speer. It didn't like either one no matter what the charge weight. The 3031 loads were very consistent in velocity, showing the lowest average and standard deviation, but not as accurate as the BL-C2 loads. I tried 24 and 25 grains of BL-C2 and got 2608 for an average velocity. It was still a little on the low light side when I tried the 24 grain load and the chronograph didn't read. Had to hold off for a half hour or so to let the light come up a little so it would read the rest of the loads.

That is a lot closer to what I expected for velocity from this round, although I expected to see it earlier with slightly lighter charges. The 24 and 25 grain loads both turned in outstanding sub one inch groups. I was anticipating 2600-2700 fps with this bullet so I am pleased with the 25 grain load. I'll give that load a work out on some coyotes in Eastern Washington when I'm down in December and then try it out on some fox and lynx up here in January.

Mart

Chronographs, bore scopes and pattern boards have broke a lot of hearts.