As an expat that has been working in Sweden for the past three years. I have been lucky enough to take some very nice trophies in the past few seasons but a nice bull moose has eluded me. I took a week off to try to get it done but no luck so far. Been on five moose this week but only cows, calves and one small bull. Trying to hunt them solo like I grew up doing out west for elk and blacktails in the timber. I found a shed from a thee year old bull that is still on the property but haven't been able to spot him yet. He would be worth looking at this year. I sat on a stand until dark last night. I could hear something large working in the forest but couldn't tell if it was moose or boar. Having three roe deer does within 100 yards for over an hour I had good wind but whatever it was would not break the tree line. In the last couple minutes of shooting light a respectable 6 point roebuck came in to 30 yards. An easy shot and quick drag made it too hard not to pull the trigger so I settled on the buck for the evening. Back out for the bull in the morning. Skitjakt!
[Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image]

Semper Fi