Originally Posted by bea175
I have both the RWS and CCI Magnums. I will probably go the RWS in my White G Series Whitetail 50 cal. I had it sighted with 80 gr of PYRODEX-P and the Shooting Star 435 gr Sabot but switched to 80 GR 777 3F and it shot into the same place with no need to move the sights. The White Muzzle Loaders never cease to amaze me how well they shoot.

Love your gun and load Bea! I'm an unabashed White fan & those Shooting Stars are deadly in .45 also. I took my buck last year with one over 70 gr Black Mag 3. One thing I noticed was some of my White nipples were a little oversize and the CCI caps wouldn't seat all the way down against the priming compound. I polish them down to get the fit I want, although I went a little overboard with one and have to use Remington #10s on that one! No problem, those work well too. Matter of fact, I "tested" CCI Mags, RWS and Remington #10s side by side and the Remingtons sounded the loudest when fired though an empty barrel.

Charter Member
Ancient order of the 1895 Winchester

"It's an insecure and petite man who demands all others like what he likes and dislike what he dislikes."
szihn