Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Taylor, your rifle is definitely nice. Is it a 5 digit classic stainless? How does she shoot? A complete rifle like that has to be worth about $1,400.00 minimum. I personally don't care for the blind mags, but the OP may love the hell out of them. I have a pretty nice 5 digit stainless classic that reminds me of your rifle, but I have much less money into it:

[Linked Image]

I'll have to check the serial number for you as I don't remember if it's five digit or not. I never intended to own this rifle, I wound up with it as a barreled action and another complete classic sporter in 06 at the same time. I was looking for a donor action for a .338-06 build I was wanting, well the sporter was in worse shape so it was sent to the smith.

I don't really care for the blind mag either but I got a good really good deal on the stock. I've thought of buying a PT&G aluminum one piece and having the stock inlet for it. The square shape of the bottom sure doesn't feel the best in your hand, but the overall weight of the rifle sure doesn't suck.

The rifle shoots better than me that's for sure, I'm usually around 1"-1.25" for three shots with 165 and 180 grain bullets. However it takes a lot of concentration from the bench for me to shoot it that well. I'm sure it can do better, but I need to learn to shoot it better. Except for my M70 EW .270 most of my big game rifles are in the 8.5-9+ lbs range which makes them a lot easier to shoot. From prone and sitting field positions I rarely miss the 12" gong at 300 with it, so I wouldn't hesitate to use it for hunting. I just like my EW .270 a little better for all around use.

[Linked Image]