Have not used it but one gunsmith I know built the first one with the TTH moniker and several others. It is his personal go to deer rifle for non trophy hunts. He said it is just a fun cartridge to use. The typical, Hammer of Thor, Lazer Beam, Gazorper of deer and DRT expressions have been used many times for this round.

He and his buddies liked the 70gr. bullets esp. the A-Max. Be leery of any published loads for the TTH as some are really hot. More conservative data can be found under the 22x6mmAI name. I would get it twisted for up to 90gr. bullets just to have more range to play with. But a 7 twist will explode most varmint bullets.

As a deer/antelope hunting round I think it would be great. For varmints I think it should be a special use round or you should buy barrels at least two at a time.

I look forward to JB's reports.

Correction: It is the 75gr. A-Max in a 1-8 twist and the TTH is the plain 22x6mm not the AI version.

Last edited by Tejano; 10/22/14.

"When you disarm the people, you commence to offend them and show that you distrust them either through cowardice or lack of confidence, and both of these opinions generate hatred." Niccolo Machiavelli