I will definitely be using that knot ironbender, thanks again for the video link. the bowline is Not a knot I normally use to tie horses, but as I said she has been known to pull back and break halters or lead ropes. It got to the point she couldn't be tied. I rode to my friends one day and tied her to a telephone pole with a bowline using the yacht line and rope halter knowing she might try to pull. she did, laid right back into it. a couple of times as a matter of fact. pole did not move line and halter didn't break. she stood there very well behaved and gave me no trouble from then on for a couple of years. Fast forward those few years and this year I haven't had a lot of time to ride her and she is one that needs to be ridden. She was tied to the patience tree and sure enough she pulled her old tricks again. Pulled back a couple times and fortunately nothing broke. Not knowing any other knot I always used the bowline because it is easy to untie even when pulled tight, and I always have a couple sharp knives on me in case of a wreck.
Now, if anyone has a better way to teach a horse not to pull, I am more than open to suggestions. Now that I am riding a bit again, I am sure it won't be a problem anymore, but for future reference I would love to hear different ideas.

Last edited by Robster; 10/23/14.

Life is but the memories we've created.....Sully Erna