My sympathies and kudos for you doing what you thought was right.

That said, I'd be pretty pissed if my hunting pard didn't pay all the costs for dealing with his problem - gas both ways, eating expenses on the trip if any and maybe extra for the aggravation factor, wear and tear on the vehicle, etc.

My long time hunting partner is diabetic and has gone home with medical problems early in the hunt 3 times since 2004. Two other times he had medical issues, including hallucinations because his meds were temporarily out of whack, but stayed for the entire trip. (That year he should have gone to the hospital but he didn�t tell me about the hallucinations until afterwards.) In 2009 he stayed home because he thought he might be getting sick but wasn�t sure. Turned out he was right and he ended up very sick (I think diabetes related again). That year he decided not to come only after we had a serious talk about how he would be going to the nearest hospital rather than home if he was too ill to stay in camp, never mind the rest of us didn�t want to catch whatever he might have.

The first time he went home sick I lost a day, driving halfway home to meet his wife. The second time (badly sprained ankle) he stayed in camp and she came and got him. Last year may have been the final straw - he went home sick and my daughter and son-in-law cut their already short hunt a day shorter to take him.

Not knowing what the problem was it is hard to say what I would have done in similar circumstances. An ex-wife, though? Maybe take my buddy to the nearest town with rental cars.

Coyote Hunter - NRA Patriot Life, NRA Whittington Center Life, GOA, DAD - and I VOTE!

No, I'm not a Ruger bigot - just an unabashed fan of their revolvers, M77's and #1's.

A good .30-06 is a 99% solution.