Originally Posted by Magnum_Man
Congrats to the girl and dad too. Tell us about the Tikka T3 in 6 mm Rem? thanks Magnum Man

MM,

This started life as a .243 in a plastika stock. I swapped stocks, putting on a very pretty grey laminate one from a 300 win T3.

The .243 barrel was pulled and replaced with the long Lilja 6mm Remington barrel.

It shoots 85 grain Sierra hollow point Game King pills in the .2s and .3s, with velocity average of 3430 FPS.

For my daughter I bought a wood take off stock from YukonAl here and then chopped it down to fit her small frame. It's a long gun for her, barrel wise, but she is very consistent on small steel plates out to a few hundred.

On that note, friends with precision rifles stopped by camp and Limber, by her third shot was ringing an 18" popper at 745 or 775 yards, can't remember which.

This was a 300 Winchester mag, running 220 SMKs. She got behind that thing and paid attention to our guidance for the wind call and started nailing the plate. Needless to say her grandpa and I were a little proud when she did that.

Here's the gun in the stock it normally wears. It's my idea of a perfect coyote rifle for where I hunt. It's topped with a Leupold 4.5-14 long range with an M1 turret.

I've got pics of her shooting the cut down version but photobucket is being difficult right now and not letting me upload.

[Linked Image]

Cheers!

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com