First time in 10+ years that I'll be hunting with factory ammunition. Just moved this year in April and between work and honey-do list on an 1890's farm house I haven't had time to set up my bench. 2006 was the last time I went hunting with a .270 Win so I didn't have any stocks of hand loads left either plus it's a new M70 EW that I put together.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I've helped buddies in the past that don't reload, and found Federal Power Shock in the blue box to be pretty accurate. So I bought 100 rounds of the same lot of 130 grain and have been hitting the range for a few rounds every chance I can get. The ammunition hasn't been disappointing yet and today I took it to 300 yards.

I shot one round at 100 to make sure noting changed since I accidentally knocked my rifle over in the soft case this morning. After confirming my zero was correct I dialed in 3 MOA on the CDS dial and let fly one round, I saw dirt on the berm fly above the steel plate so I was high. Dropped it 2 clicks and let lose another and had a solid hit, so I let two more fly then packed up to go meet my wife for lunch.

I shot from the prone on a Harris bi-pod with my hunting day pack tucked under my right arm. I was so happy with the group I might try taking it out to 500.

[Linked Image]

Either way if it keeps shooting like this I'll be set when my season rolls around.