Originally Posted by falconduke
Hello guys,

My dad recently purchased a Browning Xbolt white gold medallion in 7mm-08. He wanted me to ask you all a few handloads that worked the best for accuracy and knockdown power for deer sized game? He was thinking 139 grain possibly.. thank you beforehand!

Can't give you a 'best' one since I have used a bunch from the 100 XFB to 120 NBT the 139 IL SP and 140 XFB to the 170 Pro-hunter on caribou in the 7mm-08. However, if I was to suggest one load for easy, effective utility for deer sized animals, it would have to be the one which worked so well one evening after trying all day to get close enough to a band of caribou to get a sled load. Most of the small bands were very skittish but I finally got up on one which began to scatter only after I was very close and drilled the first one. As they milled and trickled around, I shot three more and they all went down with so little drama that I was pretty amazed at how close they were - and the shooting had been pretty much all directions on the compass. They were shot with the Hornady 139 flat base SP . I imagine the load was probably a maximum load of H414, but Varget, 4350, 4064 or several others work as well or better. I had my work cut out for me and I did get my sled loaded! smile

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.