No problem my friend. Sharpening is just like everything else. A lot of people enjoy different things and there are different levels of practicality, experience and enjoyment.Some just want a quick and easy method to make a knife shaving sharp, and some like the experience and challenge of creating the ultimate edge that scares the hairs into jumping off on their own. You just have to take everyone's recommendations and experience and then choose what will work best for you.

I handed one of those scary sharp blades to a guy once that immediately started shaving the thick hair from his arm. He seemed to be amazed at how well it saved. Before I could warn him, he made a 10" swipe and a ribbon of skin fell to the floor. In a few seconds blood started welling up because he had sliced the epidermis layer off his arm. It took a couple hand towels and quite a while to stop the bleeding. The knife was so sharp that he sliced a ribbon of skin about a half inch wide and ten inches long completely off his arm. Ever since that, I have been very cautious about who I let handle very sharp knives.