Originally Posted by pgsalton
We used the ti-goat 7.5 vertex and their small Wifi woodstove on recent Roosevelt elk hunt on Afognak Island, Alaska, and it worked great. We even squeezed 4 people into the tent, and once, in years past, we slept 5. At just a little over a pound per person for shelter it is really hard to beat.

Our recent hunt was boat based and we would go ashore with camping gear and hike until we found the elk. No base camps - just hike around with all the gear all the time. We'd call the boat to where we ended up when we got an elk. So lightweight was key. I'd think the Ti-Goat vertex 7.5 with Wifi stove would be just about perfect for what the original poster wanted for CO elk. Or, alternatively the Seek Outside 6 man teepee. Really any teepee and woodstove under 6 pounds and with around 120 square feet inside would work great.

Below is a link to a video of our recent hunt - it shows just how comfortable teepee camping with a woodstove can be. And those Roosevelt elk sure are big!

http://vimeo.com/109401605

Patrick

Great video Patrick...I saw you in the Kodiak airport on Oct 10th picking someone up, but you looked busy or I would have said "HI". Love the videos you put together, great stuff sir!