My oldest daughter, Rylie, moved into her first apartment in Bozeman this fall while attending her second year of MSU.

As a budding young adult and not flush with a lot grocery money, she has been bound and determined to fill her freezer with elk meat for her and her two roommates and a few other friends.

Mission accomplished!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

We hunted hard all day Saturday and saw a nice bunch of elk but couldn't quite get an acceptable shot as they fed into the timber.

We had high hopes of the herd coming back out in the evening but the wind picked up and we didn't see much until right before shooting light ended.

Thankfully this bull made a quick appearance and we made a mad dash to get in position for a shot before shooting light expired.

After some belly-crawling and a few tense moments, Rylie made a heck of a 300 yard shot on this nice six point.

Dumb Dad dropped his pack in the heat of the stalk so I had to backtrack and pick it up and get the camera so the pictures are not the best as it was pitch black before we found the bull piled up 30 yards from where he was standing when she took the shot.

Nice job feeding the village, Rylie! laugh

It was a really fun weekend to spend some one on one time with her as she is very busy with school and I don't get that opportunity as much as I'd like.

Now to get the youngest kid one as soon as her volleyball season is over.

Good luck hunting, fellow 'Fire members!