Most interesting thread, Gents.

The 6.5 has some great looking stats and like the curves on a hottie, it keeps capturing my interest.

Sometime in the 70's a buddy got a firebreathing 6.5 Remington Mag and he shot the factory 120 Corelokts. Later I chronographed them and they were doing less than 3000fps. He shot a bunch of deer and they went down in a hurry...or so it seemed, to the rest of the camp's experience. He had a permanent case of buck fever and seldom practiced, so a lot of them were not shot ideally. It registered and I concluded the perfect deer rifle for Michigan had to be the Model 100 re-barreled to the 263 Express. Down the road I bought a 260 Remington for my young daughter, her first rifle, and loaded 120 NBTs. She shot a bunch of deer over the years with it and they were shot well as she is meticulous to the point of driving her father crazy. We had to track enough of them far enough in the buckbrush that I had it re-barreled to a 7-08. Another concern at the time was the possible mix-up of ammo with her younger brother's 7-08.

Now I am not discounting the faster twist posit in any way--just some history fwiw. The twist thing makes as much sense as anything and I have little experience with monos.

Earlier this week I loaded up some 140 NBTs for the 280. I had one round that would not chamber. It had a different ogive but was too was a 140. So, I reluctantly spiffed the bullet shelf and consequently measured 3 different ogives for the 140 NBTs on hand. I tossed the straggler "vintage" ones. They do change the product...

It would be tough to do a comparative longitudinal study on bullet effectiveness...:)