Back in ancient times, before laser rangefinders, I figured out how to use the plex reticle in my scope as a rangefinder, partly because I guided pronghorn hunters for a few years and had to provide a good idea of the range, and sometimes needed to finish off bucks they wounded, often at long range.

Of course, what was considered long range back then wouldn't be now, but did take one wounded buck down at around 550 yards, because I knew the reticle and the rifle very well. By the way, my "guide gun" was a .257 Roberts loaded with 100-grain bullets at 3200+ fps. I was severely outgunned by most of my clients, including every one whose wounded goat I had to polish off. But thanks to shooting a lot of rockchucks with the same rifle, I knew the trajectory well, and never had any problem holding for windage with the plex reticle, because I also knew the size of a pronghorn's chest.

Still have never had any difficulty holding for windage on big game, for the same reason, but do sometimes dial windage when shooting smaller varmints, especially prairie dogs, though frequently use the reticle's hashmarks instead.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck