John, I would have thought the comparison to Ackley would have been more of a compliment. I feel certain Ackley had access to Remington's and Winchester's pressure data and devised formulas as well. To that end I have used the standard round plus 5% for improved rounds before access to information was widely available. Would appreciate you comments on that method. I do try to keep my loading current. I have Lyman 49th Edition, Nosler 7, Speer 14, none of which include 257AI. Sierra 5th Ed. lists 48gr. of IMR 4350 as a maximum charge (pg. 346), and Hornady 8th Ed. lists 45.3gr. of IMR 4350 as max. (pg. 301) These listed charges stay pretty close to the method of plus 5% I have previously used. So my question is, given that your max. is roughly an additional 5% of the published info I have available, is there a formula simple enough to share that can be used, and if so, would you care to share it? I have to emphasis simple, if you are willing to share that info, (I understand if you're not, I'm sure you worked hard to get it). I would not use anything to complicated at the reloading bench. Thanks in advance, Richard

Be Polite , Be Professional , but have a plan to kill everybody you meet
-General James Mattis United States Marine Corps

Nothing is darker than a mau mau's moo moo.