Originally Posted by FUG1899
it's time you guys stop trying to steal all the Savage guns you all want more than your guns should bring but do not want to pay a dollar
for a good one and it has held the Savage prices very low!!

On the contrary, I could argue that their are guys quoting ridiculous numbers in an effort to inflate their collections value.

A gun is worth whatever somebody is willing to pay for it regardless of what I or anybody else here thinks it's worth.

To suggest that my opinion of what a gun's value is has any bearing on Savage market prices is amusing to me.

I have a pre war E in 300 that I would gladly sell for $700. Anybody interested can drop me a PM.

And the pre war E was a plain Jane in the 99 line. It was not a poor mans gun. That was not the best choice of words on my behalf as you could have bought a Winchester or many other guns for cheaper.

A good pre war E is not a common gun. It would bring whatever the market bears.

"You cannot invade mainland America. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass"
~Admiral Yamamoto~

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty. ~Thomas Jefferson~